Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chill Pill

Earlier this week, I was pretty jealous of my sister who already had an Eggnog Shake and my girlfriend who had a Holiday Mint McFlurry. Tonight, my friends, the Schwan's man came to my rescue. Much like a squirrel gathers nuts for the winter, I have stocked up on 3 quarts of Peppermint Stick Ice Cream.

Of course, I am softening up one right now, just to make sure it tastes as good as last year. That'll be my chill pill after a stressful week.

Most of my family got their own chill pill today -- and not in a good way. Unless you like snow in October!

Not me.

Snow and icy stuff fell in the Twin Cities on north to Duluth and over in northwest Wisconsin. Here I worked from home today and had the windows open because it was 60 degrees. Rainy but warm. Makes Wisconsin seem like such a huge state that we could have totally different weather.

The bad news it that whatever they get back home, we tend to get here in Rapids the next day. According to my weather man, though, it's just going to be very cold the next week -- no snow or rain this weekend. Good thing I did grab that last bit of deck chair time last weekend!

Tonight is a good night to snuggle up on the couch and watch the Vikings lose. Actually, they were behind while I was gone to a "Pure Romance" party (not sure what I want to share about that). Now it's halftime so they may do better the second half since I am home and changed into Purple.

Either way my blanket's warming up... and so it my ice cream. I better go!

No comments: