Sunday, October 21, 2012

Indian Summer?

Is it still politically correct to refer to a really warm autumn day as Indian Summer? I hope so. And I hope we have a few more like it before the snow flies.

Today really wouldn't qualify, unfortunately. While the forecast said it should be about 66 degrees at 3 p.m., it fell a little short.

My mission, if I chose to accept it, was to get my "Saturday chores" done (yes, another weekend of being behind), get a run in and whatever else I deemed productive so that I could park my bountiful butt in a lawn chair out on the deck at the peak of sunshine and warmth.

Well I did get some chores done, some laundry, too, proofed some pages for work and did a short run to get my legs and painful hip moving again. The Vikings were not on TV so I decided to hit the deck early. It was still in the high 50s and breezy at 2 p.m. so when I sat down, I had goose bumps -- and not from the book I was reading. So what does a sun worshipper do when it could be a last desperate chance at sun?

Find a way to work around it.

I ended up setting up my chair inside the garage -- where the sunshine still hit, but not the wind. Who's smarter than me?

Not many. Ha.

Was nice to sit a bit and finish up a book and then come inside to find out my Vikings won without me. That's a good Sunday. Got some grocery shopping done, made supper and now can relax before another busy week is upon us.

Hopefully Indian Summer will return in full force one of these days. If I can place an order, I'd prefer it when I have the day off. Thank you, Mr. Sun.

No comments: