Monday, October 1, 2012

Back to the Daily Grind

Everyone needs 12 days away from the office. It's that 13th day that's a killer. And really, it wasn't the 5:44 a.m. alarm that was as much a rude awakening as stepping into the kitchen after my shower and realizing I forgot to set up the coffee pot. Ugh.

Had to wait until I got to work to brew a pot. Believe me, I was mainlining caffeine by 8 a.m.!

It actually felt a little OK to be back to the daily grind. My team had a new publishing procedure to adjust to today so I got jump right into the stressful chaos that is magazine deadline day. Good thing I got the coffee in my system!

I will say it was a challenge to just sit at my desk all day. No sights to see and certainly no excuses to jump out of my chair and take a picture of something! I did upload my pictures to transfer them onto a flash drive. Who wants to guess how many pictures I took during my 12 days off?? Remember, my memory card only hold 2,000 or so.

Here's a hint: Between the two vacations, I traveled about 1,300+ miles. I took more than a picture per mile.

Not kidding.

Turns out I snapped 1,712 images in 12 days.

Not kidding.

Yup, I need an intervention. Don't worry I'm not going to post them all here and bore you. But I will get some up when I get time. And I will probably just have to digitally create a scrapbook so I don't have a gigantic box of printed photos staring me in the face.

I did get one of us girls from this past weekend.

Here we are in order of age (don't  hate me, Rayna) from oldest on down: Rayna (far left), Romey, Renell, RoAnn, Rachel and then Raylene and me. Technically Raylene should be last (by 9 minutes), but I was operating the self-timer on my camera so I had to run into place in 10 seconds or less. I think it worked pretty nice. Just more autumn beauty for you to enjoy. Ha.

OK, I better log off and go get the coffee pot set to brew in the morning. Two days of work in a row will be hard enough to deal with as it is.

No comments: