Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The New Orange

With everything else PINK during the month of October, we might as well make pumpkins pink, too, to observe Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Don't forget to check your pumpkins!


Easy enough to remember. They make it super easy at work and do it right on site. So today I started my day on the Pancake House on Wheels (aka Mobile Mammography Bus). Not fun, but it's short-lived pain. And frankly, we can't just wear pink. We do have to take some actions steps, ladies!

Obviously, getting parts of you squished like flapjacks can only mean your day is going to get better! And it did.

Had a chair massage this afternoon. So much back and hip pain (off and on) lately that I needed it. AND I am getting a massage tomorrow, too! All this pink must mean it's "Be Kind to Women Month" too, isn't it?

Tonight I had some fun with a new group of friends and acquaintances. They've been doing a monthly Girls' Night Out for quite some time. This time, I got to tag along for their creative outing. Seriously creative.

We were at a pottery studio, of sorts, much like my Wednesday night Ceramics Class from 20 years ago in Marinette. You just paint the porcelain object with special paint and sometime in the next few days, the owner fires them in the kiln and they become magical gifts or items for your home. I was working on a gift. But if it doesn't turn out, I'll keep it at home.

Afterwards, we stopped at a saloon around the corner from home for more chit-chat. I had a good time and it was nice to come home and the homework was all done. Nobody's grouchy and we're all getting to bed on time.

Perhaps I should make a habit of Momma's Night Out.

Or maybe just during PINK months!

No comments: