Thursday, June 27, 2013

Early Start


My fellow runners know what I'm saying when I tell you today is my last day as a F40-44.

As part of the "old" crowd in the Female age 40-44 division, I had an excuse to be slow during races. Now, I'm moving on up (just add 40 candles above) and I'll be that fast, young thing in F45-49.

Yeah, right.

It gave me an excuse to start celebrating early anyway.


Even though I spent a little time baking last night, I decided I would use those cookies for the mission trip and stop by Dunkin' Donuts on my way to work instead. I almost took a picture of the cop in line in front of me. It was too ironic! Granted, he only got coffee (that I could tell), but it struck me as pretty funny.

So I shared treats at work and treated myself to a chair massage AND King Cone on the way home. Heck, it might as well be my birthday TODAY!

I guess I figured since I'm getting up around 5:30 a.m. tomorrow and driving 8 hours with kids I am just getting to know, I should make sure I have my fun today.

Now I still have just a few items to pack, plus go pick up the van I'll be using, and maybe see some of Carter's 8 p.m. baseball game...

Yep, that's my fun! When we get old, I guess we appreciate the little things.

Or something.

No comments: