Friday, June 14, 2013

SH+GNO+BB=FUN

Call it the "new math," but today's equation totally adds up...

Summer Hours + Girls Night Out + Baseball = FUN!

Summer Hours: From Memorial Day to Labor Day, they let us out of the asylum at 3 p.m. on Fridays. It's great when it's sunny and you can't wait to escape. Also convenient if traveling for the weekend or getting to the garage on time to pick up your car with its four new tires. Made it just in time!

Went grocery shopping after that -- which I would not recommend on a Friday. Uff da -- for people! Then I had this checkout girl who was telling me her life story, including how her mom adopted her boyfriend's kids while he was in prison, etc. It assured me my life is "normal" on some level at least!


Girls Night Out: The nice thing about summer hours is that I can go shopping after work and still get home by 5 p.m. So my friend Christine and I went over to Plover to check out our girlfriend Lori's new massage business. She and her business partner were holding an open house and, besides hoping to win a free massage, I wanted to check out their sign / business logo in real life -- since I designed it for them. I must say it looks great and goes great with their setup and decor. A proud moment for me.

Their location is awesome, too, in an anti-dieting way. Next door is a "cupcakery." Yes, you got that right. A bakery that specializes primarily in cupcakes! ALL kinds. We had to stop in and get some for our guys. (And well, maybe one for us, too.) Then, across the street is King Cone. I can't make this up. So we took advantage of that, too. Christine had never been there so I was obligated to take her. Wasn't I??

We will work it off on Monday when we go back for our massages. Or isn't that how it works? Either way, it was a nice evening catching up.

Baseball: I warned you we might end up at a ballpark. In this case, it was the older version of Carter's 14U Red Team. The 18U team played in Nekoosa so we went down there to watch some his Assumption teammates play. They lost 9-7 but it was still a decent game and good to see some of our school ball "parental group."

The mosquitoes showed up, too. They left me alone, though. Obviously, they knew they weren't part of the equation.

I like this new math.

No comments: