Sunday, June 23, 2013

Finally Fotos

Let's just say this weekend -- starting on Thursday, if you will -- has been quite a whirlwind. I finally uploaded photos so let's get the recap in images...

Better start EARLY Thursday -- as in work time. Spotted this Monarch outside my window at the office. Good thing I had my "good" camera with me that day to zoom in a bit on the action.

I think it would be just a crisper image, too, if I hadn't been shooting through a dirty window. Not that I am volunteering to "do" windows at work!!

Now onto RURAL Stetsonville...

 The Amish buggy we passed on the way there. ... See? I really don't joke about everything!

 Carter playing for the red and BLACK team. I like the 16U uniforms. Nice.

Running home to score. I clicked the shutter a second too soon. Lucky to get him in the frame!

 One of several at bats.

 Ready for a hit!

 Catching for an inning.

More buggy action outside the ball park. I should have stood by the road all evening. Would have gotten much better pictures. It almost looks like I got the horse in focus and nothing else. That's pure accident, I'll admit.

So long, Stetsonville!

Now onto the Friday afternoon nuptials on the Luther Seminary grounds...


The groom, my nephew David, seats Grandma (my mom) before the ceremony.

Wedding party lined up and ready to enter!

David watches his bride-to-be walk down the aisle.

 Sara (my new "niece") walks in with her father. Isn't she gorgeous?

 Hug for Dad (my brother Ron) during the ceremony. Very nice.

 About to exchange vows...

 As the guys look on...

 And the girls do, too!

It was so pretty on the grounds, I had to take advantage and get a family photo. I with I could take credit for all of us sort of matching. We all packed separately and it just came together!

Shared a table with my sister Romey and husband Rick -- who also appeared to be matching. Must be the wedding trend!

Onto the fin-tastic car show....

 Don't really need captions. Just look and drool!



 
 Never a shortage of unique attendees at a car show!!

 I wanted to take this one home, too...

 If only to learn how to get my lashes like that!

 Common site around the fairgrounds Saturday.

Today's fun, after a special blessing for our mission trip at church, was the Cranberry Blossom Fest parade. I dropped Carter off at the school to ride with the band, and Jim and I met at a friend's house on the parade route. He hosts a parade gathering every year. We eat, drink and fight over candy. Or something like that.

 A few highlights... I liked these bagpipers!

 Part of the UW marching band from Madison also entertained! "When you say Wis-con-sin, you've said it all!"

Carter salutes his fans at 10th and Grand! All the guys at our party waved their hats back! I'm sure he felt famous for a minute!

After the parade, we hung around awhile then stopped at the ballpark in Kellner to see our next-door neighbor play in the championship game for their weekend tourney. Unfortunately, the girls lost. But I needed that softball "fix."

Came home and frankly didn't feel like doing much. It is so warm and muggy we have the A/C on. My skin is a little crispy in a few places, too. I'm pretty sure I'll sleep good tonight.

Especially now that I got all these pictures done! Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: