Thursday, June 6, 2013

How I Spent My Summer Vacation... the First Day Anyway

While Carter slept in until a little after noon, hubby and I worked from home and had just as many technical difficulties as we would if we had been in the office.

I was trying to connect a new all-in-one printer/scanner/copier thing but every time it would get to a certain point in installation, everything on the computer would lock up and I couldn't work or do anything... except shut it down and try again. After many tries (and hours), I figured out what I had to fix on the computer, got that fixed then got the thing installed and working.

Then had a headache I still can't get rid of!

In the late afternoon I had to make a quick run into town to get stamps and a few groceries at Wal-Mart. I've decided that there are just too many temptations out there to keep a person on the path of healthy eating for too long. Look what's new...



It's like there's a Pop Tart Committee in my head just thinking of ways to get me to cheat on my diet! Chocolate and peanut butter might do the trick! 

It certainly got past my wall of willpower, that's for sure. I mean I bought a box -- just one box -- but I haven't opened it yet. Its seems like it would go great with my morning coffee. Or cold glass of milk. Or even ice cream. (What doesn't go with ice cream??)

I'll let you know how they are. The only reason I honestly haven't tried them yet is we were gone for the evening. The Assumption girls soccer team was playing a sectional semi-final so we went to cheer them on in the cold and drizzling rain. I had on a winter coat and hat and gloves, plus an umbrella. I was just right.

The game was good, too. We were up 1-0, fell behind 3-1 then tied it up. In the end, though, the other team (which has ended our playoffs many times over the years) scored one more so we lost 4-3. Bummer.

Now that is officially it for all our school sports. Then tomorrow, Carter has his first weekend baseball tournament. I hope he enjoyed his one day of summer vacation!

No comments: