Sunday, June 9, 2013

Life is Good


Our baseball Sunday was a little strange for tournament play. We picked up our game right where we left off last night when darkness ended it.

So we drive over to Pittsville and get there by 9 a.m. They start at 9:57 a.m. with us at bat with 2 outs and down 13-4 in the bottom of the penultimate inning. One pitch into the "new" game and we had our third out. So we took the field, managed to prevent them from scoring further and had our last at bat. Three up, three down. Game over in 14 minutes.

I didn't even have a chance to finish my cup of coffee!

The good thing about suddenly having a "free Sunday" is that I got a few things done. Went grocery shopping then came home to sunshine and a reunion with Mr. Deck Chair.


It was a moving moment. We were both so happy to see each other again. It was just nice to soak up some warmth for once and get a little reading done, too.

A little after 2 p.m., I walked over to the ballfield to see my friends' 9-year-olds play for the tourney championship. Had some nice visiting time, but unfortunately, the boys lost by a run. Still, second place for their first tourney of the summer isn't bad.

I had planned to walk home, too, just to ensure those 10,000 steps today, but the sky looked pretty threatening. Carter had biked over there and I sent him quickly on his way. I wimped out and got a ride home. We both beat the rain, thankfully.

Since I wasn't going to get any more one-on-one time with Mr. Deck Chair, I moved on to another project.

When life hands you you lemons, you make lemonade. When my kitchen hands me four mushy bananas, I make 2 dozen banana nut spice muffins and 3 loaves of "loaded" banana bread.

Any bets on how much is left after Carter is home alone ONE day tomorrow?

No comments: