Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The 'A' List

You've heard of Craig's List and Angie's List and now, Robyn's List...

My brain can't rest this week with all the lists running through my head. I have my list of things to get done at work before my out-of-office absence. I have the list of items to pack for our mission trip. Then there's the list of things I won't be here to take care of that have to be done ahead of time.

How do the "A" listers in Hollywood juggle all this?

I'm happy to see the work list is seeing lots of boxes get checked. I will be done with what I HAVE to be done with when I check out tomorrow afternoon. The stuff that would be NICE to get done, will likely slap me in the face on the Monday I return. Oh well.

I have things done to plan for my absence at home -- like paying some bills early -- but still have a few things to get squared away.

Regarding packing... What a nightmare.

They do a very good job of giving us a list of pretty much exactly what we need. I am still a bit challenged getting it all in one suitcase. After seeing that the forecast for Booneville, Ark., is a high of 103 tomorrow, I wonder if my shirts are "thin" enough. Breathable enough. Whew. Good thing it will be "cool" there next week (in their minds) with highs only in the upper 80s.

Despite having to use The Voice to try to get Carter to start packing, I am still in an upbeat mood about this. I am getting pretty excited.

I found out tonight that one of the days we will be helping with flood relief. Just today, President Obama signed a disaster declaration for 11 counties in Arkansas that were hit by tornadoes, severe storms and flooding from May 30 through June 3. So we will be doing some REAL work that has REAL immediate impact. That is exciting. And will be rewarding too.

I just have to remember to add 3 more things on my packing list -- jeans, sturdy shoes and work gloves -- and then find a way to make them fit in that ONE suitcase.

Carter's touring around the neighborhood right now to see if he can find one that's even bigger. For HIM, not me. I guess "Get Suitcase" is the first item on his one and only list.

That's a start anyway. I hope he realizes we leave in 34 hours. I don't want to have to use The Voice again.

That's not on my list.


No comments: