Tuesday, June 25, 2013

That's Entertainment


Just because my twin and I are turning 45 in a few days doesn't mean we have to act our age. Does it?

I had forgotten until today to find the photos from the infamous photo booth at my nephew's wedding. It was a hoot! It came with a variety of props -- including Viking horns!! Hey, we were in Minnesota, after all.

So Raylene and I had some fun with that - trying to figure out where to look at the camera and when. Our timing was a bit off but that's what makes it silly. We were definitely laughing hard by the end of our 2-minute session!

I know. It doesn't take much to entertain me.

I decided to skip tonight's "entertainment." Carter played ball in Rapids for the Blue Team. I opted not to go because our mission trip departure is also only in a few days away and I haven't begun to organize anything in the way of packing.

So I went to Wal-Mart to buy a few essentials -- plus snacks. Came home and tried to figure out how to pack the least amount of items as possible, keeping in mind it's 100 degrees down there right now and I will need to change my dirty, sweaty clothes each day. I guess if we are only allowed to take ONE suitcase, it might as well be a big one.

Plus, as an adult leader I should be able to get away with it. I am bribing them with snack "pack" just in case. Not sharing my main road trip staple -- red licorice -- though. No way.

Also not sharing any of my mint Oreo birthday cake my sister-in-law just dropped off. I guess I have to outgrow my selfish and silly phase. But why rush it?



No comments: