Saturday, June 29, 2013

For Our Amusement

We got to spend a gorgeous day at Six Flags amusement park today. We pretty much stayed together as our whole group of 11 so that was fun.

Of course, if we needed an even number for a "scary" ride, I would volunteer to sit and watch drinks and backpacks, etc. Aren't I nice?

I did summon up some bravery for a wicked roller coaster that had me screaming and squeezing my eyes shut the whole ride. At the end of the day I even rode their infamous Batman coaster with its upside down loops and corkscrew turns. Wow. I absolutely loved it! Definitely the bravest thing I've done as a 45-year-old!

The only damper on the day was some late afternoon rain that blew so hard it was sideways. It caused a wet group and some delays. On the positive side, it prompted some people to go home so we had shorter lines after that.

All in all, a great day. And I am beat!

Sweet dreams.

No comments: