Saturday, June 22, 2013

Eggs-Citing Stuff

Another storm blew through the Cities overnight but we thankfully kept power in the hotel. We certainly saw plenty of downed trees and branches, though. And, apparently, power is still out in several areas there.

That might have been part of the reason there was such a crowd at Eggs and I -- a restaurant where a dozen family members gathered for a late breakfast today. The other reason is that, even though the place was not that easy to find (for being "close" to the hotel), the food came in generous, tasty proportions.

It was eggs-cellent!

Nice to see my mom for a bit more and just sit and visit a little bit with some of my sisters and brother. My twin also spoiled Carter with a belated birthday gift of several license plates to add to his collection! He was very, very excited about that. In fact, he is in the basement right now figuring out where to hang his growing collection.

After breakfast, we stopped over at the state fairgrounds for the "Back to the 50's" car show. I had some free passes from work so we figured we'd walk around a while. That was after walking more than a mile from where we eventually parked the car! Got my 10,000 steps alright.

We were all picking and choosing the cars we wanted. Since I am partial to neon lime green, I thought this would make a nice early birthday present for myself! It just looks yummy! (Notice I fit right in the crowd with my Twins gear,too??)

After traipsing around the grounds awhile, we hit the road to head back to Wisconsin Rapids. Basically we were home long enough to unload the car, freshen up, change clothes and head to a graduation party.

After that huge breakfast, none of us had hunger issues all day, that's for sure. In fact, I wasn't that hungry at the party either, but figured I shouldn't just have cake! Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think I walked it off beforehand!

Got home by 8 and I made a salad for a "parade party" tomorrow. It's Cranberry Blossom Fest in Rapids this weekend. Typically we are not home for it since Carter usually has a baseball tournament. This year he didn't. And while we missed most of the activities, we'll be around for the parade tomorrow -- weather permitting.

Right now we are gearing up for yet another storm. This one is calling for rain, maybe hail, and 40 mph winds. Time to log off and batten down the hatches!

No comments: