Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Red Hot

OK, red HOT is a bit of an exaggeration. But the Red Team did pull of its first regular season WIN tonight. I'm sure you heard the crowd go wild in Rudolph!

Got home early enough to upload some pictures, so let's not waste any time...

Where two Austin men gather... You know it's gotta be a big game. Or Grandpa and Grandma just had a free night. Either way, I'm thinking they were the lucky charm!

Even though the Red Team is technically the South Wood County Cardinals, the two "older" teams get the new uniforms and the 14U team still wears the Rudolph jersey. That's OK. I like that Carter wears a hat with a big R on it!

 Carter had a couple hits last night (in the dreadful loss).

He stole base so quickly I was unprepared! Dang. If only I had time to focus. I'm just including this one so you know I'm not perfect. (Ha.)

Looking to steal home. He's gotten pretty fast this year.

 Watching action from second base. I'm pretty sure he stole third base. 'Cause that's what he does!

They had Carter catch at the end of last night's game and were pleased. So tonight he caught the whole game vs. Pittsville. Did very well. A good, heads-up player. I was relieved!

 St-t-t-t-r-r-r-r-i-k-e!

Fouling off before his one hit tonight. Technically, since he was walked twice, he batted "a thousand," as they say!

 Rounding second.

Anxious to get home! We ALL were. Such a relief that we could come from behind, get a lead and keep it, winning 6-4. I guess all those hits in last night's loss can be chalked up as "batting practice."

Whatever works. Let's stay HOT!


No comments: