Sunday, April 13, 2014

Disgusting Photo

This is the ugliest thing I've seen all weekend....


And the caption could be: "Heavy Snow Coming" or "Ol' Man Winter Sucks" or "How About a 2-4 inch Slush Commute on Monday?"

Grrr. Now I am in a crappy mood just thinking about it!

It did rain all afternoon anyway and that didn't bother me. I had things to do in the house and did not need a distraction from Mr. Deck Chair. I did take a break to watch the last hour or so of The Masters. I don't care if the Sunday round is close or not, it's still a good show.

And, naturally, makes us anxious to golf and, therefore, even crabbier about this "heavy snow" forecast. Guess our Monday baseball game will be like a replay of most of last season... Layers, layers, layers (read: blankets, blankets, blankets).

The good news is that the weather did not impact our German students' trip. They have landed in Chicago, where they will see what America offers the next two days before heading up to the cultural mecca of Wisconsin Rapids.

In other good news, Carter decided to START his driver's ed homework that he has known about since he took the classroom portion last summer. Nope. Don't feel bad that it took him all afternoon to do it and he still is not done. If he wants his license that badly, he'll get it done. And he only has a week left to do it since it has to be done 2 weeks prior to his road test. Good grief.

I did my part to get him going on it today. Nope, I did not use The Voice. Instead I used this approach: "Carter, I am going to tell you my expectations for you today, which is not the same a nagging..."

Still came across as nagging. Sort of like me complaining about the weather. Sorry! I only do it on behalf of the cold and lonely Mr. Deck Chair.

For the record, he thinks the photo of our radar is disgusting, too!

No comments: