Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Short on Spring


It's a special day today -- and not because it's April Fools' Day or Election Day.

Carter's school dress code prohibits wearing shorts from Nov 1-March 31. Naturally, despite the fact it's only 32 degrees on April 1, shorts MUST be worn today!

After I picked him up from baseball practice, he said he did not get cold today and that a LOT of kids wore shorts. (Of course.) I guess they just ignored Mother Nature's joke on us -- giving us 60s one day and 30s the next.

I had a busy day at the office so I really didn't care. Now that it is still light out past 7 p.m., though, it sure would be nice to take an evening walk. I guess I can blame Mother Nature for my gaining back weight I lost, right?

I suppose if it is officially "shorts weather" now, I better find that beach body I've been looking for for years now. Even tonight when I was multi-tasking -- watching The Voice and pricing garage sale items -- I still didn't come across it.

I know it's here somewhere. But just like spring, it makes rare appearances.

Dang. I've got my work cut out for me.

No comments: