Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day Digest


Just to be clear: Today was Earth Day, not Global Warming Day. See graphic above to note the obvious difference.

For my new readers in Germany, that's 40 degrees -- or 4.4 Celsius -- right now and dipping down to -1.1 Celsius tonight.

Does that sound like baseball weather to you? That's correct. It is NOT.


We traveled up to Wausau to take on our arch-rivals. Looking out at the sunshine all day at work, I was not prepared for the chill in the air. OK, for the blasted cold and wind in the air! I didn't even have a hoodie on (I know, only 35 to chose from in my closet at home!).

Thank God for friends with blankets! Lukas and one of the other visiting Germans (Florian on right) had to huddle under a blanket for warmth when the 4th inning lasted an hour.

Not kidding.

The good news is that despite purple lips and chattering teeth, we were watching our Assumption Royals make the comeback of the century. Down 7-3, they came back with a vengeance and won 30-8. Not a typo there. What an insane game!

Hard to explain to the Germans that this is NOT a typical baseball score. Good grief. We thought our girls' softball win of 22-2 over Newman was quite the feat tonight. Our boys just had to take it one step further.... And further... And further...

We cranked the heat on the way home and stopped at Culver's in Stevens Point for some warm food to heat up our insides.

I should be glad we got to spend so much time outdoors in nature on Earth Day. When my frozen toes are thawed, maybe I will be.




No comments: