Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lucky Lefty

After days of nonstop action, it seems, we finally had a little down time this evening. That was nice.

Since we were all home, we decided to teach Lukas a "typical" American game: Yatzee. He recalls playing something like it with one of his grandparents many, many years ago. Apparently he hasn't lost his touch.

Both of the boys got Yatzee right off the bat, then Jim followed close behind. I got it toward the end so I really did yell a heartfelt "Yatzee!"

Didn't help my score any.

I decided since Lukas the left-hander was shaking so well I would copy him and shake left-handed, too. Awkward movements for a lifelong righty but I did get a few good shakes. Just not enough.


Look who won? Lucky Lefty Lukas! And I can't even say we "let him win" since that would be hard to do in Yatzee. You see that before the game, Jim wrote "Winner" as his name. He came in third. I came in last and Carter wasted no time in changing my name to "Loser." (Click on photo for closer view.)

Now I gotta think of a game I have a chance of winning!

In the meantime, the boys are wrapping up homework. It has been a busy week with school and baseball on Tuesday, then school and baseball and track practice (Lukas just did it for running fun) and tux pickup on Wednesday.

Today Lukas had field trips to the mayor's office, the log-home business and the cheese factory. (He got ice cream!) It rained all day -- and it still is -- so the boys did some indoor practice after school. Track and softball competitions were canceled. Baseball isn't scheduled 'til tomorrow, when another set of busy days begins with game and party Friday, Prom on Saturday and pancake breakfast, church, shopping and party on Sunday.

Guess I have a few days to practice shaking dice!

Look out, Lucky Lefty!



No comments: