Sunday, April 6, 2014

Outdoor Fresh Scent

Those fabric softener sheets that boast an "outdoor fresh scent" represent exactly what we Midwesterners crave after an extra-long winter. And while I appreciate the detergent companies' efforts, nothing is like the real thing.

And today we got to experience it!

Our official high was 62 degrees today at 2:15 p.m. So you know what that means...


Oh yes, I ventured outside! First, I got up for late church (there's always "new" people" there), took Carter driving to practice round-abouts (those don't get old), came home and loaded up my garage sale stuff in the CRV, cleared some furniture out of the living room to make way for the rug cleaners coming Tuesday morning and did some dusting and vacuuming.

Then, it was time for my date with Mr. Deck Chair.


Despite goosebumps on my arms and blinding-white legs (and a bit of a windchill), I was determined to keep my date! I lasted just about 30 minutes. If there hadn't been that 15 mph wind, who knows how long I would have avoided further housework.

As it was, I had plenty more to do. I did sneak in a walk later with the neighbor and managed to pet my two favorite neighborhood dogs -- Buddy and Murphy. It was like those nice summer days you actually see people out and about!

I'm not even going to look at the forecast to see if this is the beginning of something good or the end. I've got plenty of projects to keep me indoors -- besides working -- so I won't care about the weather until the weekend. Then, it better be good for the garage sale and another Sunday afternoon date!

My nose needs more of the "outdoor fresh" scent!!


No comments: