Friday, April 4, 2014

Not N-ice



As a belated April Fools' joke, I guess,  Mother Nature threw another winter storm at the upper Midwest last night and today, dumping anywhere from an inch of slushy ice (here) and a foot of wet, heavy snow up in the Northwoods.

Not funny.

Not nice.

I wisely picked today to work in the home office. Glad I did not have to hassle with that slippery morning commute. Later, though, it warmed up above freezing and melted the ice and snow. Here, at least. I don't know about Up North. Theirs will take much longer to disappear.

It should come as no surprise that the season opener for Assumption High School baseball was called off today. Now delayed until Tuesday, assuming field conditions are acceptable. Snow may be gone, but Wet Field Conditions + White Baseball Pants = Nightmare.

Worth the sacrifice, though, just to get started!

So Carter had practice after school -- indoors -- and I picked him up with only a 15-minute wait this time. Hubby is volunteering at his church's fish fry again so Carter and I just came home. I got some stuff ready for tomorrow's road trip and birthday party Up North. Then commenced to gathering a few more garage sale items in the basement.

I typically just take books and boys clothes to the sale. This year, I have been pricing some household items. You never what's going to sell. Like every other kind of retail effort, you just need the right buyer! (And time to price that "good" stuff for them.)

I guess I better get off the computer and get back to it. A "bye" from baseball does not mean a bye from other business!


No comments: