Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Leave it to the Professionals

I had one of my most productive days working at home today. Mainly because I was "locked" in my office. Sort of.


While I love using my Dyson, today we decided to call in the professionals to clean our most-used rug -- the carpet covering our livingroom, the main hallway and well-traveled steps leading down to the basement. We wanted to make sure they were nice for our new tenant and to make sure all cat hair was removed just in case he develops allergies he didn't know about.

I was sort of land-locked in my office, which was good. I had a lot to get done before my next professional appointment.

For my lunch hour fun, I went to the dentist, got my temporary removed and got my permanent crown installed. Now I can place this sign in my new car, right?


Or maybe not. I kind of feel like I deserve to with what it cost to get a crown. Which sadly looks nothing like a tiara, by the way.

My lunch hour wrapped up with one more professional cleaning. I took the Civic to the car wash where they vacuum and clean the inside, too. Want it to look halfway decent when we present it to the birthday boy in a few weeks.

Came home and did more work until Carter was done with baseball practice (today's game was postponed). Then had him help me take items and unload them for his old babysitter's garage sale this coming weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for nice weather and eager buyers. I will be "on duty" there on Saturday.

Need to have a few more productive work days between now and then. Would love to leave it to the professionals, but in this case, that would be me.

Lucky me. I hope I do as good a job as the pros today.

Maybe with this new crown I can get some loyal subjects to help me!


No comments: