Monday, April 14, 2014

Fool Me Once...

Woke up to sound of shouting and cursing outside. Turns out it was Mr. Deck Chair duking it out with Ol' Man Winter.


Mr. Deck Chair lost. Apparently it is a belated Happy April Fools Day to us all!


Mr. Deck Chair wasn't the only one upset. Our poor birch tree out front bent over backwards to fight off the "Man." And also also lost. From the front angle, with the branches now brushing the ground, it sort of looks like the silhouette of a deranged Easter bunny, doesn't it?

Look again...





Do you see it now? Oh good grief, I DO need a hobby, eh?

It was not a fun commute to work since it was really the heavy slushy variety. I took the CRV since the white stuff was kind of too deep for either of the short cars.

Some roadways were clear, some completely covered and others somewhere in between. Most were in that "drive cautiously" in-between stage. After seeing a car in the ditch on the 4-lane, I opted to follow a snow plow for probably 20 miles. Didn't care that it was only going about 30 mph. Just wanted to get to work safely.


If I didn't have to drive in it or shovel it, I'd almost think it was pretty. Who am I kidding? It is kind of pretty. I stopped the car and took this pic on the way to work. Could have done the same on the way home since it did not get warm enough today to melt anything.

I know it's not nice to fool Mother Nature, I don't like getting fooled more than once by her either.

Not that I have any control over that. I'll just keep my boots and ice scraper handy.

Indefinitely.



No comments: