Tuesday, January 10, 2017

And Yet We Chose to Live Here

Props to the precipitation prognosticators for going above and beyond their forecasts. In other words, 4-7 inches here in the Wisconsin Rapids area equated to all of that and more.

I was poised to scold our township for not plowing before I left for work this morning. Then I encountered a plow or 2 and was assured they were at least on the job. For later commuters anyway. This is one of those days, a sane person would not leave the office to go "out" for lunch. But, I had a dental cleaning appointment at noon. Always a risk when scheduling it on the hottest day of July. Polar – and I stress POLAR – opposite weather!

Before I could leave the parking lot, I had brush off the first few wet inches of snow while flakes as big as quarters (no exaggeration) were falling. Needless to say, my hair was a wet mess and they did not have a hair dryer handy at the dentist office when I got there. What kind of 2-bit operation is this?

The bright spot was Carter and I both had cleanings and neither one of us had cavities. Winning. Got this nice photo outside the dental office, too. Still winning.


Round 2 of the hair fail was after the appointment when I had to brush off the car again. Such heavy, wet crap! Not winning.

Don't tell the authorities, but I blew every stop sign between the dental office and work. No one was coming and I feared if I stopped, I would not be able to go again. If I was pulled over, I would have just told the officer to give me a ticket and a push, please.

Got back to the office and convinced everyone I had gone out to get my hair straightened. Because a normal, sane person would never miss a hair appoint – even in a snow storm!

By the end of the work day, we were shoveling off our vehicles again. But not just snow – ice, too!!


This was the intersection by work, where it was plowed and the banks of new snow were almost as tall as my little Honda hybrid. Not a fun drive but happy to be home, where there was manual labor involved with snow removal, thanks to our temperamental snowblower. Good thing there are 3 capable grown men under our roof right now!

I can just sit back, relax and continue my countdown...



Oh, like you're not thinking it! We chose to live here but we all have ways of coping!

No comments: