Saturday, January 7, 2017

Saturday Spotlight


Started the day thinking the most exciting thing on the agenda was undressing, dismantling and storing the Christmas tree. With the addition of '80s music in the background, it was indeed a rockin' good time.

Like totally.

Then this afternoon, hubby and I went to watch the Assumption boys host Stevens Point Pacelli. Afternoon hoops don't always turn out well for us. There just doesn't seem to be the same level of alertness or something. Plus the hoop was blatantly ignoring our shots. Although we did have a short-lived lead at the beginning of the game, we fell behind by a good 15 points at one point. We had a resurgence late in the game, then this happened.

Down by 2 points with 2.5 seconds left, Pacelli had a player shooting free throws. He made the first one so they led by 3. If he made the second one, it was over. We can't score twice in 2.5 seconds. But he didn't make it. Watch below what happened in that 2.5 seconds...

Isn't that crazy amazing? We know that kid and his parents well. How excited they must be. And did you hear the fans screaming?  I was just telling Jim I have a sore throat. Maybe it's a not a virus after all, just fan induced.

To recover and calm down a bit, plus get my "daughter fix," I spent the evening doing the opposite of a boys basketball game. I attended the Dance With Pam Variations dance recital at the Wisconsin Rapids Performing Arts Center.


I met up with a friend of mine whose daughter was performing. Turns out I knew two of the girls dancing and the mothers of 3 more. So it was neat to see. Hey, any recital that starts out with a 5-song tribute to Prince gets 2 thumbs up in my book! All the numbers from Prince to Rio to Peter Pan were awesome!

I guess that's one bonus of afternoon basketball. It frees up the evening for culture, tapping feet and swinging hips.

That's a lot of excitement for one Saturday. With temps dipping to double digits below zero tonight, I might just force myself to stay home and out of the spotlight tomorrow.

No comments: