Monday, January 16, 2017

Purple Rain


I know when my feet are ice cold because my toes start to turn purple. Now I know the same applies to rain. See that beautiful swath of purple on the map? That would be freezing rain, aka falling ice.

It is not nice.

Our office was closed today for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. I know quite a few friends were looking forward to some alone time at home to clean or relax while the kiddos were at school. But then this ice storm started looking real, so the schools around here dismissed those lovely kiddos after lunch.

Personally, I thought it was going to be a false alarm. That's usually what happens when lay persons try to accurately predict weather. But, it turns out they were right. Around 4 p.m. when the buses would have been running, it was glare ice on roads already.

And the purple rain is still happening!

I was in town running errands and seeing my hair artist this morning, but was home by 11 a.m. Carter got back from the Twin Cities by 2 p.m. Tony had to run to Neillsville today and he got back late this afternoon when it was transitioning from green to purple. In fact, today was supposed to be his first day of school at Mid-State Technical College and they canceled classes as of 3 p.m.

As long as I was under "house arrest," I did get one of my Hallmark Christmas movies watched and off the DVR. I also got a few little "to do" projects done in my office and started thinking about what photos I'll need for Camp Crop-A-Lot. Only a month and a half away!

Now that we are all stuck here this evening and there are more people than TVs, I may just have to read awhile. Any time on the computer is too much on a day off!

Considering our next company holiday is Memorial Day (ugh), I am sure there'll be plenty of computer time in my future.

Never thought I'd say it, but we could do with a little less purple rain, though.


No comments: