Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Human Connection


Some days it feels so good to just be human. While I did not sleep in today, I did eat some really good food that would be classified by dietitians as BAD. But I brought the leftover Christmas Monster Cookies to work so we could all be human together!

I ran on the treadmill Sunday and Tuesday and went to kickboxing on Monday. The only reason I skipped tonight's class is that Jim and I had a funeral visitation to attend for a wonderful man from my church. He and his wife were just a few months shy of their 60th wedding anniversary so I feel so badly for her. Very sad.

When I got home, I finally got some one-on-one time with college boy. At Jim's suggestion, I kidnapped him and took him to a local establishment that has a BBQ Ribs Special on Wednesday nights.


He had the ribs and I had a pizza burger (again, bad choices) but neither one of us gave a thought to something named "Buffalo Sweat." Not sure how the name would attract anyone to try it. I'll stick with buffalo chicken and that's it!

Was nice to have a mother-son date. Short but sweet. He's still home another 10 days but I may need to kidnap him at least one more time. Not that I am going to hear any deep, dark secrets.

Just need that HUMAN connection. Don't we all?

No comments: