Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday the Negative 13th


Who in their right mind would brave minus 13-degree temperatures at 5:30 a.m. (aka O Dark 30) to go to kickboxing class? Oh probably the same person who fumbled around in the dark the previous morning looking for a pair of jeans that still fit.

Yep. Cold and darkness be damned. This girl needed to burn some calories!

And yeah, I did warm up in class but the outside temps sure didn't warm up much today. Got just a degree or two above zero and that was it.

This afternoon while I was working, Jim and Carter headed over to Green Bay to watch one of Carter's classmates play hoops for the St. Norbert Green Knights. She was surprised to see them so I am glad they went to cheer her on!

Meanwhile, I worked and then decided I would treat myself to some hoops, too. Last night we watched the Assumption boys beat Pittsville at Pittsville. Tonight the Lady Royals hosted Marathon. Quite the aggressive game. We played tough defense but unfortunately our shots weren't going in. So the girls lost 55-40.

Had to have something to do with it being Friday the -13 right?

After the game I took the long way home to treat myself to a sound and light show. I cracked the window open and didn't hear much sound so I just snapped some pictures quickly because, well, yes it was freaking frigid out and who in their right mind has their window open?


They had lights on the house, garage and front yard, including several light trees and Olaf the snowman from the Disney movie Frozen. Frozen... that's appropriate!

Here's a play on words: Olaf yellow snow! Get it? I love yellow snow! Yes, my immature mind combined with my car's angle made me think the snowman was peeing.

Wow. This cold air really does a number on me!

Think I better crawl under some warm covers and quit while I'm ahead.

Do you want to build a snowman...




No comments: