Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sole Sisters


You'd think it was National Girlfriends Day or something. Got to spend some time today with some soul sisters and sole sisters.

Had early morning core and strength class with my sweet sweat sisters Teri and Gwen. From there I went to book club at the coffee shop downtown, where Brenda, Sharon, Cindy and I covered two books (December and January) and had to represent for the other half of the club that wasn't able to make it this month. Always a very nice visit (and discussion, of course).

After heading home, showering and making myself a bit more presentable, Cindy and I went to Stevens Point on a sole sister mission for shoes.

Now this was not frivolous shopping. We are going snowshoeing tomorrow and I do not have any waterproof hiking-type boots to wear with mine. Fleet Farm was having a sale, so that was our first shop. Initially, Cindy was "just along for the ride," but it's safe to say that between the two of us, we tried on about a dozen pair. A good half hour later (at least), Cinderellas 1 and 2 walked out with new sturdy glass slippers.

Second stop was Shippy Shoes. I need new running shoes. I suspected as much and after some slight blistering the other day after a long run, I knew I shouldn't wait much longer. I told my sole sister, "Now watch, I will be in and out of this store in a fraction of the time and spend twice as much money."

Truth.

Just walked in, told them brand, model and size. Tried them on to "be sure" and was done. When runners find a shoe that works for them – giving them support and no pain – they tend to stick with that shoe! Once you're sole mates, you are bonded for life. Or at least a few years.

While Cindy did browse, she behaved and we got out of the place with only one box.

Do you think I tested out either pair of new shoes when I got home? Well, no. Had to watch some football playoffs I didn't care about and start reading next month's book club book. Since Carter was gone to Minneapolis to visit big brother Casey and Tony was out for the afternoon I could have knocked off some Hallmark movies still in the DVR queue.

That sounded like too much work. I think I was exhausted from all that sole searching.

I'll let you know tomorrow if it was worth it!


No comments: