Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Great Kind of Tired

My "I'm not going back to winter OR work" plan did not come to fruition. I suppose I should be relieved I didn't get bit by a rattler or stung by a scorpion. But with the temperature sitting at 28 degrees right now, you might have to convince me!

Yesterday was our last day in Arizona. We made the most of the 93 degrees and sun and had some quality pool time plus mountain climbing (in the car).


As the sun set on our vacation, we headed to the airport for a midnight flight to Minneapolis. Since Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time, we were 2 hours "behind" all week. Last night we flew out at 2 a.m. Central and landed by 5:15 a.m. Central. No matter what time zone, that is not enough sleep when you have a 3+ hour drive home!

I pretty much made stops for Red Bull and that was it. Just powered through to get home, take a quick nap and watch the Badgers bust the NCAA bracket with their upset win over No. 1 ranked Villanova. Sweet.

After that, I really hoped to be productive but neither Carter or I got beyond the "we unpacked" side of productivity. Will get to photos and fun details another time. Pretty sure I'll be zonked out in my own comfy bed in 10 minutes. That's OK, it's a good kind of tired.

No. Make that, a great kind of tired!

No comments: