Thursday, March 16, 2017

OMG (Oh My Grand)

There is a famous list of 7 wonders of the world. I think there are more than that located in the United States alone. Carter and I have had the privilege of seeing several of these in the last 48 hours!

The Southwest is an amazing area of the country. Very un-Wisconsin like except for the snow! Yup, came all this way and still had snow. Well, on top of mountains by Flagstaff anyway. A very cool sight on our way out of Flagstaff headed north on Wednesday morning.

I will have a lot of photos to share at some point soon. For now, I just have to say the Grand Canyon is OMG (oh my grand!) and grand is not a grand enough word to describe it. Just amazing!

Carter had to push the limits on how close he could get to the edge. So while I was trying to watch the scenery and keep an eye on Mr. Dare Devil.

Here's my brave moment. Seriously, look how close I am to the edge. My heart was racing but I had to prove I wasn't a complete wimp!

 I really appreciated that my sister Rayna is a photographer at heart because Carter was willing to cooperate when she suggested a fun photo like this. We knew better than to push our limits!

Even though we spent the day at Grand Canyon, it was crazy to see how tiny of a section we actually saw. It is soooooo huge! And gorgeous.

We drove up to Page, Arizona, last night and were in for another treat today. We had reservations for a tour of the Upper Antelope Canyon. From the outside it looked like we were going to walk into a large crack in the rocks.

The inside, though, told another story all together. I will have to choose from hundred of pictures to share when I get back home. Just trust me that it is one of the must-see wonders of the U.S.

After the tour we grabbed some lunch in Page. Then, since we were less than 10 miles from the Utah state line, we ran up there so I could cross another state off my list! Yes, we are hitting every corner of the desert we can!

Spent all afternoon in the car, heading back down to Mesa. Had a few photo stops here and there and got back in time to see the Badgers win their first round game of the NCAA tourney.

See my heart in support of Bucky? One of the dozens of great views at Antelope today. Can't wait to share more pictures and details of our Mother-Son Spring Break.

Only 24 hours left. Catch us by the pool tomorrow enjoying another natural wonder here... The Sun!

No comments: