Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weak-End Warriors


I agree with this cat, wondering what the heck happened to the weekend? Too fast. Much too fast.

Granted, yesterday was a busy blur. When I saw my sole sister Chris in church this morning, we both marveled at how good we felt today. I mean nothing beyond the normal aches and pains of upper 40s women. We thought, could we really be in shape that yesterday's 5-miler had no impact?

Then we remembered, of course, that it's always the second day AFTER that's a killer. So normally I'd be a little leery of how Monday morning's going to treat me. After today, though, I am downright scared.

I spent the day working on a project of sorts. I want to surprise hubby so I can't go into detail, just in case he's bored enough at the airport tomorrow that he actually reads my blog.

Needless to say, I got home from 8 a.m. church and was pretty much on my feet the next 10 hours. Yikes. And I'm not done but could do a mad scramble after work tomorrow to finish since his flight doesn't land in Madison until almost midnight.

That's if I can move tomorrow. Seriously! Right now I am so physically exhausted, I may be in bed by 9 p.m.

If you never hear from me again, you'll know what happened after I got there. Silly weekend warriors. Why don't we think things through?

No comments: