Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring... For Real

After the false start to spring back in mid-February, it's here for real now. Well, according to the calendar anyway.

Since I don't have anything blooming around here, I thought I'd share one of the "pretties" my sister and I captured out in Arizona.

First of all, count yourself lucky you don't get a dozen of these on Spring Day. Not like it's Valentine's, but if you did get flowers, roses and their thorns would have nothing on these! But they were so vibrant that Rayna spotted them alongside the road while driving!

Looking closely, it almost looks like a mini-cactus is budding inside the flower on the big cactus. Is that how they grow?

Not sure. But I almost think this is something me and my two black thumbs could keep alive. They would hurt like heck to transplant, but would definitely match the brown grass of Midwest spring around here!

Happy holiday from the first Robyn of spring!

No comments: