Tuesday, March 28, 2017

My Cat Ate My Blogwork

Why yes I did skip blogging last night. I would love to blame the cat for denying me access to my computer keyboard. But in all reality, I was pretty much glued to it. (The keyboard, not the cat!)

Was working on a freelance project 'til just about midnight and thought, you know, the sun will still come up tomorrow if I don't blog.

And it did! A lot!

Today was one of those days the weather people lure us outside with phrases like "abundant sunshine." There definitely was enough to go around. And it was somewhat mild. Around 50ish degrees so plenty warm to finally escape the office for a walk.

To tell you how slow spring is to arrive, I think the last time I took an outside walk break at work was when we had our false start back in February. Now spring is officially here and it's been either cold or rainy or both.

Not today, though. Got that walk in. Then when I got home from work, it was still plenty light out so I squeezed in a 2-mile run. I kept it short, not because it was going to get dark, but because I haven't run in a few weeks. Gotta ease back into it or this old lady will hurt herself.

When I was just about home, I ran into my friend Cindy giving her dog (my boyfriend Buddy) a walk so I joined them. Got some extra steps in, extra sunshine and extra catching up time. Everybody wins.

Except for Sylvester, of course. I am sure she spent the day by the open window, soaking up some rays. But sitting on my desk, she realizes my "heat lamp" is no substitute for sunshine. I feel your pain, sister.

Treasure what we had today because there is plenty of snow and rain yet between us and the real spring!


No comments: