Thursday, March 9, 2017

Strength in Numbers


Coming from a family of 8 kids, I have always found strength in numbers. Throw in spouses and children and you really have some numbers! I am so grateful each day that we are loving and supportive and we have each other's backs.

We hug when needed (and not needed), pray, listen, care and love. It is a true blessing to still have one parent and ALL of my siblings. And even more so that we've never (yet) had to wear a "cancer ribbon" for one of our own. We also know that could change in an instant.

We have had extended family members who have had to fight the dreaded disease. Right now we are rallying behind our cousin Lydell, who has metastatic melanoma. Basically, skin cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes. He is responding well to chemotherapy, I've been told, but I'm sure he could use prayers.

Naturally, with the expense of his medical treatment and care, his immediate family and friends are hosting a benefit for him.


In addition to a Lasagna Dinner (Up North near Luck), the March 25 event will include a silent auction and raffle baskets.

I plan to be there in person (most of our family will be) and provide some items for those giveaways. I have a nice item for the silent auction already and am looking to put together a few baskets. It's really the least I can do. But there are strength in numbers.

I figure the more baskets, the more tickets sold for chances to win and, therefore, the more money raised for Lydell. If anyone has anything they'd like to donate, I would welcome them! Right now I have one themed basket started focusing on a "girl's night in" with book, bath and beverage items. I probably could do a craft one of some type. Maybe kid stuff or "guy" stuff. I don't know. I'm brainstorming as I type!

Seriously, would appreciate the support, whether it's donations or just prayers. Because prayers are never "just prayers." There is strength in numbers where they're concerned, too.

Bless you!


No comments: