Friday, March 10, 2017

Escape Hatch on Standby


Who would have thought a person would be more eager to escape Wisconsin in March than in February – the alleged heart of winter?

A few weeks ago, when it was February and temperatures were in the 50s to 60s, why would we want to leave? In Wisconsin, that's like summer! Now, when the actual, for real spring is like 10 days away, it is way too winter out.

In Mesa, our destination next week, they have a "pollen alert." In Wisconsin Rapids, where the windchill temperature is only 2 degrees, we have a winter storm watch on the horizon. Coincidentally, Sunday night into Monday as Carter and I will try to escape Wisconsin!

Grrrr. Let's hope that's another miscalculation. A lot can change in 48 hours, right?

Of course, the weather is only part of the need to escape.

Work has been just crazy, busy, overwhelming lately. Lots of projects for everyone in our department and lots of hours, too. I actually feel guilty for leaving everyone, but I am sure I'll pull my weight before and after. (Not letting weather or work cancel this mother-son trip!)

I did get out of work in time tonight to pick Tony up at home and head to the fish fry at St. Lawrence Church. Hubby is once again on KP duty, running the dishwasher there during the Lenten season. Good crowd tonight.

Got home just in time to have Carter surprise me – walking through the door a day earlier than expected! His spring break started at about 2 p.m. for him. He told me he had a ride home tomorrow and I didn't think anything of it. So that was sweet! He's off to a friend's tonight and I am fine with that. I am kidnapping him Monday and I'll have him 5 days. No escape!

Sure is nice to have these gentlemen in my life. After such a hell week, they sure know how to lift a girl's spirits.

Can't wait until the airplane does that in 60 hours! Escape hatch... you're on standby.


No comments: