Thursday, March 23, 2017

National Puppy Love Day

Since today is National Puppy Day and I do not have a puppy – even though I WANT a puppy – I had to dig in the archives for one. Here is me holding Dixie, the daughter of our dog Pixie.

I find it odd (now) that my mom posed each of us younger girls – Rachel, Raylene and me – with Dixie and then we ended up giving her away to a cousin. Maybe because there is nothing more adorable than puppy love ... cute (ha) little girls holding cute little puppies!

While I don't remember Pixie, the mom, in her puppy stages, I remember her being a part of most of my childhood.

Here she is on a walk in the woods with us twins (and Mom, of course). I don't even know what "kind" of dog she was but she stayed little- to medium-sized like this. She was the perfect dog for us little ones to grow up with. She loved jumping for popcorn, licking ice cream cones and chasing her tail.

At one point later in my childhood, she gave birth to a boy and a girl. We gave the girl, later named Muffin, to our Aunt Betty and Uncle Alan. And we kept the boy and named him Boomer. I loved Boomer dearly! He was all brown and probably my first brown-eyed love!

I don't have any pictures of him scanned in at the moment. For sure I'll have to dig into the archives for that some time. I am sure I have plenty of time before the next pet holiday. National Cat Day is not until October 29.

Or in our house... EVERY day.

She is sweet but dang, puppies are the best! Doncha think?





No comments: