Friday, March 3, 2017

Sort of My Circus


Whenever I hear the wise advice about not getting dragged into other people's "drama," I usually let out a sigh of relief that it's not my circus. This week, though, it's sort of has been my circus.

In my department at work, I'm pretty sure it can be summed up like this:

Each day felt like trying to keep 25 kittens inside a hula hoop on the ground in the middle of a busy carnival. And I'm next to a giant sign that says, "Ferris Wheel: 2 tickets, must be 48" tall to ride," and people keep coming up to me saying, "Excuse me, I can see you are super busy with those kittens, but how tall do you have to be to ride the Ferris wheel?" Or "How many tickets is it?" Or "How do you spell 'Ferris?'" And all I want is a corn dog from the booth next door but I have no money. 

Any questions?

TGIF!

Of course, next week will be a repeat but at least I get a weekend. Enjoyed seeing the Assumption boys win round 2 of basketball playoffs tonight. They beat Pittsville 68-47 in front of a standing-room-only crowd. Tomorrow night it's down to Almond-Bancroft for the regional final. Might catch a ride to the game so I don't have to go by my lonesome.

I also might stay home and rest. Running the Point Bock 5-mile race tomorrow. After that circus – my circus – recliner time might not be a bad idea. Hopefully they'll at least have cotton candy at the finish line.

No comments: