Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Desert Rocks

I may say the beach is my happy place, but the desert comes in a close second. Anywhere you can wake up to palm trees and get the first layer of sun burn going by 10 a.m. is a winner in my book!

Both Carter and I got some sun time in before we hit the road by noon. Rayna and Paul have done some driving around in their few months in Arizona, so they knew that the prettiest route to Flagstaff was through Sedona.

What a cool area! It rocks -- quite literally. The red rocks remind me of the Black Hills but stepped up a notch with their color scheme. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

It was a glorious day without a cloud in the sky and temps around 86 or so. Perfect in my book. Since Rayna is a shutterbug like me, she made plenty of little pitstops and slow "drive bys" for photos! Will have plenty to share at some point.

Got to Flagstaff to check in to hotel on Route 66 and have dinner at Black Bart's Saloon. Now we are full AND tired. It's not that late, but we are still on Wisconsin time, which is now 2 hours difference.

Plus all that fresh air! Now that really rocks!

No comments: