Thursday, March 2, 2017

At the End of the Day

When your morning starts off with a late arrival at work because you were delayed cleaning up Princess poop piles at home, you know it's going to be a bad day. When the workload is so crazy busy you don't have time for lunch or my self-mandated walk breaks, you know it's not going to get much better.

But when you step out of the office at the end of the day and look at the sky, you know that none of that mattered. It's still a special day from God.

Why can't we be more like these cows? "Yes, it's only 20 degrees. But look at the view!"

Even with the broken mess of our lives in the foreground, there is still a backdrop of beauty and grace.

I need to remember that on days, well weeks, when I'm letting the stress clutter my view of the big picture. The big, beautiful picture!

Cat diarrhea and deadlines are not worth the stress. Few things are.

I have a lovely, fluffy cat. I have a wonderful hubby, son and stepsons. I have a job. I don't have to stand out in the frozen temperatures to find a meal or place to sleep. I have a mom and all 7 of my creative and giving siblings. I'm fighting weight gain and anxiety, but in general, I have my health. I have the coolest, most amazing friends on the planet. And I have God.

At the end of the day, I guess I have it all.

Just needed to look up.

No comments: