Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Make the World Go Away


What do Jim Reeves, Eddy Arnold, Martina McBride, Elvis Presley and Robyn Austin have in common? We have all sung versions of the 1960s song Make the World Go Away.

While a ton of artists have "covered" it, I had the most recent version of it.

Today, in fact.

Back in my daily newspaper days, I could pull a 12-hour day like nobody's business. Today, though, I – along with Jim, Eddy and Elvis at least – am too old for that or too dead for that!

I realized that it typically takes me a week to recover from the Daylight Saving Time shift. Since I traveled into territory with a 2-hour time difference right away, my internal clock is ticking out of sync.

I sort of did travel back in time since we were on the historic Route 66 and I saw Elvis in a gas station there, but my body and mind are still hanging out in Crabby Lady Gulch nestled between Overworked Village and Stressed Out City.

Can't really string two sentences together, but am hoping by the end of this week that work will have settled down a bit and I'll have time to breathe, relax, polish my blue suede shoes and finally share some decent photos from our trip! I definitely don't want to make THAT world go away.

Just the hair-pulling, stress-eating, fill out the fat jeans one! Bye!

Make the world go away
And get it off my shoulders
Say the things you used to say
And make the world go away

No comments: