Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday's Final Call Forecast



I give the guy who runs the Central WI Weather Facebook page a lot of credit. He or she or they certainly do their research. And when they are wrong, promptly admit it. I'm sort of hoping the non-storm of last weekend will be a non-storm this weekend, too. But it's not shaping up that way.

Earlier in the week, Wisconsin Rapids (right under the numbers 6-10") was closer to the 4-8" amount. Does it really matter once it gets to a half a foot? Not really.

Plus I don't mind hanging out in the purple area. I'm nothing if not predictable.

I did take the afternoon off – but not because of weather concerns. My Friday forecast was back-to-back back treatments. I was feeling like I had a pinched nerve or some wicked muscle knotting in my left shoulder area. Painful twinges and such. So I had a half hour of targeted deep-tissue therapy, followed by a visit to the chiropractor. I capped it off with a half hour Epsom salt bath tonight when we got home from basketball. (Insert old lady jokes here.)

Assumption was hosting Auburndale and they moved the games to an earlier time (starting at 4:30 p.m.) to beat the weather. Sadly, thanks to a running clock in our defeat, we got done when only a few inches had fallen. Still coming down. Swiftly.

I suspect we'll wake up to some beautiful scenery in the morning. From the inside of the house anyway.

Something tells me team Central WI Weather is going to be right this time. All I know is this back is not going to be used for shoveling. Snowblowing if necessary, but I'm not erasing my Friday forecast forward progress.

See how smart – albeit frail – I'm getting at my old age?

No comments: