Monday, January 27, 2020

I'm Not Finicky, You're Finicky

"I'm not gonna try it. YOU try it!"
Pretty sure there's no scientific proof our pets can inherit traits from us, but...

Is my cat a finicky eater because I am? Or am I a finicky eater because she is?

All she'll eat is her Purina Indoor Formula Cat Food. The dry stuff. Might sniff at treats, but never, ever has tried one. Probably good or she'd be a pretty plump princess.

I, on the other hand, am very picky – no onions, olives, mustard, mayo, to name a few – but will try just about any food with a large calorie or sugar content. That also explains why I'm fluffy. And she's not.

As I've gotten older, I have gotten braver. And yes, I consider it bravery to try new foods. Just part of my Scandihoovian bland food DNA. What I can tell you is that caviar is disgusting, sushi doesn't really do it for me, and well... not all KitKats are created equal...


One of the guys from work brought back a bunch of treats from his vacation in Asia. These KitKats are made in Japan and, if you look closely, are sweet potato flavored. Sweet potato and chocolate?! The reason they don't sound like a good mix is because they aren't! Eating that today was probably the bravest and grossest thing I've done in 2020.

Then again, the year is young. Who knows what yummy or not-so-yummy treats await? I certainly can't be finicky in case something just happens to be good on the first try. (Valentine white chocolate cheesecake M&M's anyone? Yums.)

Probably not a bad thing both females in the house are finicky. We both picked the same "favorite human," after all.


No comments: