Friday, January 10, 2020

Purple Friday


Purple Friday? Oh yes. It's a thing, my non-purple friends. Even kitty got into it. Well, got into my chair, that is, where her human set up my Vikings blanket all nice for her. She seems to like the team.

Since our playoff game is tomorrow, I had every right to wear something purple to work. Since we sort of have some dress code policies where I can't wear one of my hoodies or any of my graphic tees, I had to play it safe.


Basically, I pretended to be cold so I could keep my perfectly pretty jacket on all day. It worked! Not necessarily appreciated be green-and-gold co-workers, but I did get a thumbs up from a fellow Viking fan and a guy decked out head to toe in Seahawk gear.

Hey, I'll take my friends where I can get 'em. Especially since they weren't going to serve me at the coffee shop until I covered up my logo like I was standing for the national anthem. I complied. Sometimes caffeine is worth more than making a statement. At 8 in the morning anyway.

Saturday though... no compromise. My team needs all the help and good vibes possible. Let's SKOL Vikes!

P.S. I'll be off the grid in the wilderness Saturday night so won't be blogging – whether we win or lose. Just getting my fan-for-life disclaimer out there.

No comments: