Sunday, January 5, 2020

Playoff Bonuses

Between the NFC Wild Card Game and the Sentry Tournament of Champions final round, we got some bonus viewing time today.


Even though the Vikings were playing the Saints at high noon, I still turned on the lights on our purple tree for good luck and made sure I had our flag turned to the "visitor" side. Now we gotta keep the flag flying and that tree alive another week!

It's kind of fun coming into a game as the underdog. There's an all or nothing attitude and we fans are just happy with anything good! It was nice to be surprised that we could pull ahead and keep that lead. Until the very end of course. Saints field goal tied us up at 20. Over time, baby!

From experience and much heartbreak, I never feel good about overtime! Thanks for proving me wrong this once, Vikes. SKOL! We live to play another week!! No, not the Packers. Yet.


After my heart rate returned to normal, I switched to the soothing game of golf. "Our" tournament in Maui started live coverage at 5 p.m. our time. That wasn't as calming to watch because there was back-and-forth leaders and a crazy three-way playoff in the end. (More time for our commercials to air. Yay.)

In the end, just before sunset there and way past my bedtime here, Justin Thomas won!


Might add value to my autographed flag! Or at least something I can add to the "story."

And it was a good day for happily ever after stories. The end.

No comments: