Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Saturday Groove


When you kick off your Saturday with a dance recital, you know it's going to put you in a good groove, er mood. Maybe both.

My friend Cindy and I went to the Variations recital put on by members of Dance with Pam. They had a few themes like Clue (above), a memorial salute, and some Lion King tunes. Pretty entertaining and between Cindy and I, we knew about a dozen of the dancers. So it was nice to be able to capture a photo or two (hundred, that is).

After the recital, Jim and I went down to Wisconsin Dells. My nieces Caryn and Beth and their families (plus a friend and his) were staying at a waterpark this weekend before heading back to school Monday. (Minnesota schools are different that way.) Since the Dells are only an hour away, it's pretty convenient to go see out-of-town or -state guests there.

They had just gotten out of one of the pools, so the eight kiddos on hand were pretty hyped up. Great to see them all and celebrate two birthdays as well. My niece Caryn turns something tomorrow. And her girl Makayla turned 7 today.


Pretty sure I haven't been able to spend an actual birthday with my first-born niece since she was a child. January 4th is about as close as I've gotten in decades. Kind of a blessing!

Love those girls and their families. Definitely kept me in my great groove for the day.

(That and the Titans de-throning the Patriots. Wow. Didn't see that coming.)

Keep on dancing!

No comments: