Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Triple Coverage

I don't mean to brag, but following my deep tissue massage after work, I carried those good vibes to three different sporting events – and "my" teams all came away victorious. Coincidence? I don't think so. There is definitely magical healing powers in massage!


First stop was the hockey rink to see my friend's son Dane (#12) play for Lincoln High School (That's the Wisconsin Rapids public school, in case my out-of-area readers didn't know).

Shooting hockey is actually fun, if not the COOLest (quite literally) photo gig. I was glad to see them score two goals in the first two innings, er quarters, or maybe it's periods. Yup, that's it.


I don't know much about hockey, but I did know to dress warmly, including long underwear and plenty of layers. Since my camera doesn't like cold, I headed to the Lincoln gymnasium next door to catch a little of the girls basketball game.


I wanted to get some pictures of Abby (#15). She's the sweetest girl and comes from the sweetest family at my church.


Since the Rapids team was leading by so much over Tomah, they let the seniors sit out and the less experienced players come in. I was just going to head home but thought I'd text around to see how the Assumption girls were playing at home tonight, too. Since they were only ahead by 3 or 4 with 8 minutes to go, you know I didn't go straight home.


Like 3 minutes left when I walked in and it was madness. Super close game and I guess we had led by 10 or something at halftime. Now the lead was slipping away.


We were doing everything we could to get the ball back, just so we could drag out the time and win by 4. Then the lead was 3. Then 2. Stratford had the ball with 7.3 seconds left and tried to get down and make a 3-pointer, but thankfully failed in that attempt. Royals win!

And the hockey team won 4-2 on a last-second goal by Dane. And the Rapids girls won, too.

I tell ya, there's something to my triple coverage when I have a camera in hand. Next time I have the opportunity to do that again, I'll be sure to schedule a massage beforehand.

Hey, it worked. I'm not messing with karma.

No comments: