Saturday, January 25, 2020

Procrasti-Baking :: It's a Thing


Procrasti-Baking. It's a thing. And I was today years old when I learned that.

Not that I haven't been doing it for ages.


It's Saturday. Chore day. So why not bake a hundred Little Monster Cookies? Why not, indeed.

In my defense – not that I need to defend myself – I am sending a care package to Mr College courtesy of another Mr College heading back to school from Rapids to P-Vegas tomorrow. Since he didn't get a Christmas break, I figured Carter would like these yummy cookies. Plus a nice card congratulating him on his upcoming internship.

Also, between book club and baking, it pretty much took me to the 4 o'clock hour when hubby and I were meeting friends for dinner (well, pre-dinner to start). Perfectly timed procrasti-baking, if you ask me.


We did have a great meal at the Sky Club, a nice supper club in Plover that claims to have had the "First Salad Bar in the U.S.A." I guess it's true. I skipped the salad, though, to make room for my jumbo shrimp. Oh yum. There were 8 of us around the table and everyone was full and enjoyed their food.

And honestly, I still don't have room for one teeny tiny monster cookie for dessert.

Not that I'm sending ALL of them south. That's definitely not a thing.



No comments: