Friday, May 15, 2020

Adding to the Confusion


I don't get spring allergies every year. Only the years where April and May experience extreme temperature changes – you know, like get sunburned one weekend then see snow on Mother's Day. That sort of erratic behavior.

So this is one of those years, but to make things worse...


While I think my symptoms are spring allergies, are they?? It's kind of scary. I'm hoping Claritin is the right answer! Hubby hopes so, too, after I coughed all night.

Plus I had that scary episode today where I lost my sense of taste (a COVID-19 symptom). Turns out it was just kind of stale, store-bought popcorn. Wasn't a ton of taste to it but Jim thought there was. So I had to eat taste test everything with distinct tastes – like my blueberry waffle cone ice cream and Butterfinger bars – to be sure I wasn't losing it. No worries, I can keep on eating and building up to that Quarantine 15!

And don't feel bad for me. This won't make me stay indoors. We had a gorgeous day today and another on the horizon Saturday. Gotta enjoy it while we can. Even if "enjoying" might involve yard work.

I'm sure a lot of you are suffering through this as well. And for one spring in our lives will be grateful it's ONLY allergies! Take care and be careful!

No comments: