Wednesday, May 6, 2020

April Showers Bring May Flower Moon


Apparently, I haven't been paying much attention until recent years when I've had a decent camera. But did you know there's a special name for the full moon each month? Well, OK.  I didn't know that.

The full moon of May is known as Flower Moon to signify the flowers that bloom during this month. And this year, it's actually the final supermoon of 2020. Evidently, this “super flower moon” will peak in the sky tomorrow morning at 5:45 a.m. central, according to NASA.

See my photo? Considering it is this full and bright over my house right now, I'm not setting any alarm!

Also, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but this super flower business is also messing with my flowers. The one year I did not procrastinate and got my hanging flower baskets already and this is our forecast the next few days...


Yup, you read that right. Not only freezing or below freezing until next Tuesday at least, but we have a chance for snow and, forecasters say, potential record lows for Mother's Day weekend.

Seriously, Mother Nature. You gotta stand up to Ol' Man Winter. Don't let him back in your life, woman!

While they sort that out, we'll just try to save our flowers and the bees – who apparently are in danger of being decapitated by Murder Hornets. Don't even say you wonder what's next. Because we've gotten some scary answers, haven't we?

Wash your hands. Cover your cough. Bring in your flowers. And be safe out there!

No comments: