Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mother's Day Weekend :: Part 2


What a nice day for a 3-hour drive south. Sunny and actually got to 60+ degrees down in Platteville, compared to reports of snow in other parts of the state. Y'all can keep that stuff!

Got to Carter's around noon. A bunch of his friends wanted to come over and meet the 'rents so we had a group do about 10 of us (complying with state law) grilling out, listening to good tunes, and talking stupid (it's a talent at any age, I guess). Food and treats were appreciated all around!


It was great to see our baby boy, obviously, but also good to see his girlfriend and his roommate, plus meet several friends we've heard about over the years, but hadn't had a chance to meet face to face. It was really a nice afternoon – and, thankfully, an uneventful trip home.

Seeing Carter interact with his friends, I could see he's such a mix of both Jim and I. Kind, friendly, funny, and clever. Oh and he's got that dimpled charm, too. That's definitely an Austin thing!

I just love the baby boy who made me a mother and the handsome young man who made me proud. My heart is full and my Mother's Day Weekend is complete.

No comments: